- The new president gets in another snit about size, claiming his inauguration day crowd was the largest ever. It was not. Presidential advisor Kellyanne Conway suggests Sean Spicer’s repetition of the claim is an “alternative fact,” immediately sending the George Orwell novel, 1984, rocketing to the top of the best seller lists (actual, not alternative, fact).
- Trump claims he lost the popular vote due to 2-3 million illegal votes. He did not.
War Against the Media
- In a speech to the CIA, Trump says he has a running war with the media.
- White nationalist and presidential advisor Steve Bannon calls the fourth estate “the opposition party,” and tells them to keep their mouth shut. Jokingly refers to himself as “Darth Vader.”
- At least six journalists arrested “for rioting” when covering the inauguration.
- White House has barred employees of several agencies from talking to journalists or posting on social media.
The Ramparts Go Up
- Refugees from Syria and other war-torn countries in the Middle East are out of luck.
- Immigrants from Saudi Arabia (home of the 9/11 terrorists) and other countries in which Trump has business interests not included in ban.
- On International Holocaust Remembrance Day, Trump says Christian refugees will be given priority.
- Article from (conservative) Cato Institute puts chances of an American being murdered by a foreign-born terrorist at 1/3,609,709.
Trump Still Won’t Release Tax Returns
- Plans are starting for a march on April 15 to bring attention to this fact.